fredag 29. oktober 2010

Travelling - post 4

Good afternoon!


Today I woke up early. The thought of the today’s’ match kept me awake for a long time last night. After all it’s like a dream come true. Because I fell asleep late, it would probably be normal to wake up late, but not in this case. A bird crashing into my window made me jump out of the bed, so when I already was up I thought of experiencing a little more of Liverpool. I got dressed, went down and ate a marvelous breakfast before I began a short walk towards the Centrum of the city.


Liverpool has a lot of culture to offer and in 2008 Liverpool was the European Capital of Culture. It was a historic year for Liverpool and the city was visited by millions. As much as seven museums and six galleries take place in Liverpool and it’s the hometown for the world famous rock band The Beatles so there would be a shame if they didn’t have their own dedicated museum too. I went to The Beatles Story to learn about these rock-icons and see how they lived. After paying £11.95 I entered a dream for Beatles fanatics. All over the place there were pictures and articles from the band. There were stations were you could listen to their music and se some of their videos. There was also a small documentary on a big screen that told me some facts about The Beatles. For instance The Beatle consisted four members; Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. It was established in 1958 and ruled the hit lists until it was official dissolved in 1970. It’s been calculated that all in all, the band has sold more than 1 billion records all over the world.

The Beatles


The visit at The Beatles Story sure made a good impression because it was well organized and included everything about Beatles, I think. I really enjoyed the visit at the museum, and I will definitely recommend it to people visiting Liverpool.

Now I’m sitting in the lobby of my hotel, Hampton By Hilton Liverpool City Centre, waiting for the ordered taxi to take me to Anfield Road. Anfield is the ground of Liverpool FC and I’ve been waiting for the opportunity to visit it for many years. I stopped outside the supporter shop in the city on my way back to the hotel earlier today, as you can see on the picture down here. I’m thrilled about the match and hope “we” will collect all the three points today. I’ll write again when I get back.
Me standing outside Liverpool FC's supporter shop

Wish us good luck!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar