tirsdag 26. oktober 2010

Travelling - post 1

Hola!


The Spanish flag

I've just arrived Costa Del Sol, more specific Malaga in southern Spain. The city with over 550 000 inhabitants is like the capital of mentioned Costa Del Sol, which means Coast of the Sun. The weather her is so much better than it was in Trondheim, so I’m glad I finally got some time to spend abroad. I suppose everyone know how the Spanish flag looks. Have you ever thought about the hot colors that matches the weather? I did along my flight from Trondheim while reading in a magazine about Spain. For a fact, the red and yellow colors on the flag were first used on the sea in 1785. Maybe because they wanted to bring the sand and red mountains whit them as they crossed oceans. The magazine also told me that Malaga is one of the oldest cities in the world.

Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)
was a famous Spanish painter
I’ve been here in Malaga a couple of times before, which I find pleasuring because I’m only staying here for three days and don’t want to spend two of them locating stuf. For an example I’m well known with Calle Larios, the well decorated Main Street here in Malaga with lots of shopping abilities. From my earlier experiences I know Malaga is an exciting place to stay, because there are many things to do. Many different things, but it’s important to remember that you often have to create your own fun. Tomorrow I’m planning a visit to Gibraltar, a smaller English town 120 kilometers from Malaga. I’m now sitting on an internet café close to my hotel called MS Maestranza trying to find out which bus I need to take. I recently asked a native about where I could find information about the times the busses leave, but he only seemed confused. It turned out he didn’t speak English! According to the magazine I read, many of the Spanish aren’t so happy about speaking English. This may be because they don’t feel their knowledge in English are good enough, or maybe they just don’t get it. I’ve heard from a friend of mine that not everyone I Spain learn English at school. I think that Spain with a huge tourism shall be more open to English as language and make sure everyone get the opportunity to learn it.
After visiting Gibraltar tomorrow, I’ll probably see if I can manage to visit the Pablo Picasso museum of Malaga the day after tomorrow, which is a popular place for tourists. Many tourists come to Malaga only for this museum and because this is where the one and only Picasso was born.

A part of Malaga city 

I can truly say I’m looking forward to my stay here in this sunny city. As you know i'm only staying here for a few days, so i'll be busy! Off course I’ll try to write something after visiting Gibraltar and after my visit here in Malaga I'm heading north for a cruise that’s going to take me to charming Liverpool.


Adios!




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar