tirsdag 16. november 2010

Dear diary

I’ve just arrived my foster family, an old couple. They’re white and don’t seem to like Aborigines. I’ve barricaded my door to the little cottage I’ve been given, and now I’m lying on a low brown crib with a slim madras. I’m afraid of course. Afraid I’ll never see my mom again, and my sisters, who were sent away to an institution. Seven days ago I was jailed. I heard from a boy in the jail that the white government wants to “whiten out the Aborigines”. The policeman said it was to my own good I was sent away. What’s all that crap supposed to mean? Never have the white man tried to adapt the Aborigine, and never have we insulted them with activities. We were here first!
The world’s not fair… so isn’t Australia, my home

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar